Recent Posts

Project 3: Task 2 – Research and Development


Wednesday, Nov 22, 2017 - 09:35:31 pm

@ brendaowyong

So I continued with my previous idea of “Party with the Arts” onto this project but changed the illustration style.

This is my layout on illustrator:

Here’s how it looks like when folded:

The feedback that I got for this first draft was:

The boombox in the cover page was static Read more →
Tags: Project 3 | VC1

VC Project 3: Research and Developement

Cheng Hui

Wednesday, Nov 22, 2017 - 02:17:50 pm

@ Scarlet Sunday

In the brief we were asked to look up on some brochures:

This is one of the brochures that caught my eye due to the fold and design. Even though the fold here used is extremely simple, it’s relevant and appropriate in imitating the way the BBQ cooker opened up, adding visual interest.

The below brochures I find aesthetic but I include Read more →


Project 2: Task 3 – Design refinement & Mock up


Tuesday, Oct 24, 2017 - 02:05:48 am

@ brendaowyong

After receiving various feedback, I worked on the colour variations and moved people around to get a better sense of the hierachy within the design.

I tried to play with the colour of the banner to bring out the slogan. When I printed this out in A2, I realised that the lines became really thick when the poster Read more →

Tags: VC1

Project 2: Task 2 – Design Exploration


Tuesday, Oct 24, 2017 - 01:39:38 am

@ brendaowyong

The slogan that I decided to explore further was “pARTy with the ARTs”.

So to incorporate the party within the design, I added a boombox with a community of people of all ages to signify the party and added elements of arts within. I tried to keep it within a circle shape but I still have to explore more and keep Read more →

Tags: VC1

VC Project 2: Part 2 (Research and Developement)

Cheng Hui

Sunday, Oct 22, 2017 - 07:40:23 pm

@ Scarlet Sunday

After doing visual research for part one of the project, I got inspired and came out with a few concept which I did in A5 sketches.

The first one (on the left) was supposed to be some sort of photography and illustrations overlaid on it. It was simple, very simple, and very safe idea. The second one (on the right) Read more →


Task 3: Final Designs

Benjamin Kuah

Tuesday, Sep 12, 2017 - 05:02:48 pm

@ benjamin kuah

From the previous 2 designs, I reduced the number of elements in the logo and sought to combine both ideas. The biggest challenge I faced were to incorporate elements of the previous 2 drafts into the final versions.

I started working with a pink background as i felt it would complement well with the teal vests given to volunteers.  The Read more →


Task 2: Translating & Exploring Design

Chia Te

Monday, Sep 11, 2017 - 12:54:23 am


From the 3 concepts we have chosen, we were suppose to do at least 30sketches and these are some of the sketches i did:

Concept 1: Engaging

Concept 2: Crafty & Fun

Concept 3:

These are some i really liked:

Thus, i decided to do a slight change to Concept 3 which is to allow patients to feel homely at the Read more →


Task 3: Colour Exploration

Fong Hin Wai

Monday, Sep 11, 2017 - 12:12:02 am

@ Wai Product


Lengthen the brush stroke Change perspective of hands to improve on flow Simplify plant symbol Clean up on logo Insert text ‘Art on the Move’ into logo

After adjusting the elements of the logo, I went on to adjust the scale of the elements and text and eventually came to this:

I chose to change my ‘plant’ into a lighter shades such that it can Read more →