Due next week: March 1
- Constance Lewallen, Still Subversive After all These Years
Interview with Chip Lord
Chip Lord live from the NMC Media Lounge at the College Art Association conference, Please view the recording following the event on Saturday, February 24.
Each student will be assigned a work to research and critique by the Media Collective Ant Farm
from the following list:
Write a 300 word essay about your assigned work, the artist(s). Incorporate the reading (see above), as well as the interview with Chip Lord, as relevant, into your research post, using at least one quote from the reading to support your own research and analysis.
The goal of the research critique is to conduct independent research by reviewing the online documentation of the work, visiting the artist’s Website, and googling any other relevant information about the artist and their work. You will give a presentation of your research in class.
IMPORTANT, go to the SYLLABUS OUTLINE for next week (Week 7) for INFORMATION ABOUT ANT FARM:
Here are instructions for the research critique:
- Create a new post on your blog incorporating relevant hyperlinks, images, video, etc
- Be sure to reference and quote from the reading to provide context for your critique
- Apply the “Research” category
- Apply appropriate tags
- Add a featured image
- Post a comment on at least one other research post prior to the following class
- Be sure your post is formatted correctly, is readable, and that all media and quotes are DISCUSSED in the essay, not just used as introductory material.