Before I start my article, here is an eye-opening video of different marriage traditions of varies ethnic groups in China. China has 56 ethnic groups, among which 91.59% are Han, and the rest 8.41% are people of the other 55 ethnic groups(according to the Fifth National Population Census of the People’s Republic of China in 2000). Different ethnic groups have different Read more →
Women stuffed wardrobe syndrome is one of the factors that is causing the wardrobe to be unorganized or difficult to organize. These are the research that is conducted across women of different ages and lifestyle.
Here are some of the photos of the wardrobe of the research subject. Both of them are in a mess mainly due to cluttering of clothing, Read more →
“I believe that losing my hearing was one of the greatest gifts I’ve ever received,” says Elise Roy. As a disability rights lawyer and design thinker, she knows that being Deaf gives her a unique way of experiencing and reframing the world — a perspective that could solve some of our largest problems. As she says: “When we design for Read more →
Mass Customization is a phenomenon that was going to change the consumer landscape. However, by at large we still buy manufactured goods the way we have since the middle of last century. With the exception of custom-crafted luxury goods like bespoke tailored suits and mega-yachts, most of our purchases are still very standardized, and “customization” means picking the 256GB hard drive Read more →
Treadmill too big to install in your home office? Here’s a space-efficient way to flex some muscles during 15-minute breaks: the Tai Chi Chair.
Designed by ESAD Reims student Yuan Yuan, the furniture sports handholds and footholds that allow you to perform a variety of exercises. I’m not too familiar with Tai Chi, though, so I don’t know about the Read more →
Category: DESIGN Published on 03 MAY, 2013
No, Sweat! by Vancouver-based designer Darryl Agawin is a 3-piece workspace furniture set that can transform into exercise furniture. In today’s busy lives it can be difficult to find the time for daily exercise. By combining workspace and workout furniture, it allows anyone to take a break from Read more →
Young Urban Professionals and Micro-adventures
Young urban professionals, termed as the yuppies, first appeared in the 1980s, following the gentrification of older neighbourhoods. Aged 20 – 30s, the urban middle-class professionals with an income of $30000 and above are a high preference for old and rejuvenated neighbourhoods with lower rent prices (in the earlier classification). Read more →
I came across a few articles regarding the different types of hair accessories during ancient China. They more or less are same in content. Here is the brief summary of the information.
There are countless styles of hair accessories in ancient China, just like modern times. It is hard to count every single design, like we can’t give an exact number Read more →