Recent Posts

Suit for Dynamic Arena

Gchino

Saturday, Feb 11, 2017 - 11:53:59 pm

@ Recreational Mobility Device

Designed suits for the teams playing in the Dynamic Arena.

The two teams are differentiated by two colours.

The suit has safety paddings on the knees and elbows for safety.

0 comments.

UPDATES

Xiu Ming

Saturday, Feb 11, 2017 - 11:22:49 am

@ LOH XIU MING

Few things I would like to address with this post:

Big picture: Narration of the immersive experience Inspiration for the experience design (Analysing existing experiences, how could my experience be something unique? a) Energy levels, b) Space design Sketches, Form of Equipment and Rationale Technology & FYP Booth

ONE.  Big Picture

Narration from a first person POV:

I approach a space where I can hear excitement coming from, Read more →

0 comments.

Update-3d model-fitness ground

Kate:)

Tuesday, Feb 07, 2017 - 01:48:42 pm

@ Kate-FYP: Everyday Fitness

Draft4

Further division of the space play with solid and void maintain the taichi symbol look

Draft 5:

Further development of the playground Add detailed elements to the model Major: Waist twist Walk; Arm roller; Leg balance; Seating area

0 comments.

4. easy construction

0 comments.

System + app

Xiu Ming

Thursday, Feb 02, 2017 - 10:53:14 pm

@ LOH XIU MING

Just some thoughts in sketches.

Currently I am working on the form of the playscape.

0 comments.

Recreational Mobility Device - Prototype 1

Gchino

Monday, Jan 30, 2017 - 12:59:21 am

@ Recreational Mobility Device

Design of the Spherical driven mobility device. Anti slip rubber pads for the feed that allows both horizontal and vertical mount.

I feel that what is lacking is the details around the top dome housing that houses the Sphere Drive System. Maybe some cuts can be made at the profile to reduce weight and make it look more sleek.

Read more →

Where is the influence of Syd Mead?

Choker, Bracelet, rings-Part 2

Desirie Z

Wednesday, Jan 18, 2017 - 08:29:22 pm

@ Chinese Style Jewelry

Previously, I had my choker mockup done from wire:

After which I proceed to drawing them out in computer, 2D. The form was further simplified.

I drew them in group-from top down, 3 in a group. The first of the three is the first layer, second is the second layer, third is the layering of 1st and 2nd layers, to explore the Read more →

Let's clearly define what are the jewellery you are going to do and let us move forward from tomorrow

handmade jewelries, sketching practices, CNY jewelries-Part 1

Desirie Z

Sunday, Jan 08, 2017 - 04:28:46 pm

@ Chinese Style Jewelry

I bought some DIY jewelry parts and practice to assemble them into wearable pieces.  The problems I found out during the process are

1, The details of the jewelry, i.e. links, thickness of the chain, size of the lobster claps, affect the overall look as well as the comfort of the user much more than I expected

2,  The design is limited Read more →

0 comments.

Prototype development

Kate:)

Thursday, Jan 05, 2017 - 03:08:52 pm

@ Kate-FYP: Everyday Fitness

the old model only involves waist movements. in the 1st draft, aesthetics were not taken consideration yet The new model aims to become a system of tools/equipment that will engage isolated body parts to perform movements extracted from Taichi.   Therefore, there would be equipment cater to legs, waist, hands, arms separately. Furthermore, considering working adults would not be in exercise attire Read more →
0 comments.