Happy Lunar New Year! Gong xi fa cai! 恭喜发财
“Wan shi ru yi” !!!! Thank you for your kindness and your hard works in the last and in this 2D Foundation Class! Many wishes for luck, prosperity and good fortune in coming year!
I am trying to “clean the house” with some more info for Project 1 before the festivities and reunion dinners!
Please see few details in regards to the Submission for Project 1 “TYPOGRAPHIC PORTRAIT”
DATE OF SUBMISSION: MONDAY15. FEBRUARY (WEEK 6)
PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT ME VIA OSS ANY TIME BEFORE THE SUBMISSIONS FOR COMMENTS AND INPUT ANY TIME DURING NEXT WEEK 5.
WHERE: We will meet in 2D room and take first half of the class to hang pieces on the wall, display follow with critique + food and drinks
- FINAL 4 X A5 COMPOSITIONS
- HARD COPY JOURNAL ON PROCESS
- SOFT COPY: OSS BLOG OF YOUR PROCESS
- PRESENTATION: YOU CAN EXPLAIN BRIEFLY ALL OF THE ABOVE IN YOUR 5 MIN -10MIN MAX ORAL PRESENTATION
PLEASE MAKE OSS CONSISTENT as the below and check the spelling (for example it is not Typography). Your listing should match the following:
- OSS Category name is: Typographic Portrait
- OSS Subcategories’ names are Research, Process, and Final
- They will appear on my feed as : Typographic Portrait (Research), Typographic Portrait (Process),Typographic Portrait (Final)
PLEASE see the content for each Subcategory
- Typographic Portrait (Research) this subcategory includes Literature, Artists, with links to resources
- Typographic Portrait (Process) this subcategory includes your hard- copy journal scans, and/or drafts, sketches, and/or.mov files, ideas your own design/art development
- Typographic Portrait (Final) this subcategory includes Final Outcome – Scanned or well documented
HARD COPY: HOW TO SUBMIT Final 4 x A5 compositions
There is more than one way to present the work for Project 1.
Cannot: Please do not mount all of your compositions on one large sheet of paper. It will not make your work stand out rather it will make it formal, ‘heavy’ and reserved.
Can: Please be creative with your display for the hard copy submission of your final 4 pieces. Again you are free to display final 4 pieces in any way which you think would compliment your concept. Bellow are just some options, but please keep it consistent:
Here are some suggestions for display.
- Each A5 loose sheet composition adhered on one A4 page.
A4 page can have text written or printed (“My name is…” Affirmation/profession already printed
- Each A5 composition is placed as a separate loose sheet and placed directly on the wall using blue-tack, pins or hung using clips
- Text is printed /handwritten on a separate piece and aligned on the wall as a accompanied caption to A5 composition
PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT ME IF ANY QUESTIONS! THE BEST IT TO UPLOAD YOUR WORKS ON OSS ANY TIME BEFORE FRIDAY 12TH OF FEBRUARY SO I CAN ADVISE.