Project title: In Search of Memories
Project objective: To inspire young adult surveying their own past to increase their life satisfaction through their personal story
Self-discovery Life review therapy Satisfaction of life Nostalgia Autobiographic memory Collective memory
How’s life review theraphy can be served to increase the satisfaction of life?How are the autobiographic memories can be turned into collective memories?
How memories are being recorded in a tangible way?
Creative Direction Framework
Click to read more
2) Digital illustration
– Think of the emotions to bring up the lesson, i.e.:loss of something
– Serve nostalgia as a reflection
– More details can be added into the illustration
– Write up on memories with two languages
– Map out three deliveries of books clearly. Digital illustrated book (showing key features), Printed publication, The journey of visiting the past memories
– Think of the sentimental object to associate with the installation, three final deliveries have to be linked together
Meaning of life(problem)
Reminiscence therapy for young people(method)
Recall memory through five senses(method)
The purpose of the study
This project was set as an autobiographical memories project by reminiscing the artist’s life journey till today to remind the appreciation for her present and also as a better guidance for her future. Through her personal story, it aims to act as a message to remind people to reminisce their past and appreciate their life.
In order to have a better life, human is rushing every day and not having much leisure time. Day by day, there is no time to think back our past – we will even forget the original intention in our life. In the end, we will only regret of not appreciating the past and have missed the golden time with our loved.
The artist and her family experienced many times of moving, from one place to another, in order to seek for a better living conditions. While revisiting these places, she was saddened by what isn’t there anymore made she missing her past a lot.
Justification for proposing this research
As a record of growing up process, the artist in current age is suitable to conclude her life journey until now as a reflection for the present and the future. Furthermore, life feels more meaningful when we reminisce. It allows people to step out their comfort zone as an initial step to tackle the challenges in life.
1. How to create the meaning of life from memories?
2. How to recall memories through the five of senses(?)
3. How does the design in reminiscence therapy helps people to appreciate their present and as a reflection the future(?)