For all the works, I chose the colour scheme of red, blue and yellow. These are the primary colours.
A tree from the point of view of caterpillar is food.
- The caterpillar is climbing up the apple and the apple looks like a heart shape
- The importance of food toward a caterpillar in its life
A tree from the point of view of a bird is a shelter.
- To make the rain and the bird look clearer, I used yellow colour instead of red in colour
- The rain drops are purposely placed only on the umbrella, to show that the tree is a dependable shelter and this is why the bird remains fully dry in my work
- The bird can fully rely on the tree, for this is where they live, eat and start a family at
A tree from the point of view of a monkey is a playground.
- The tree as the structure for the carousel which is the symbol of fun
- The monkey look like in motion, without which the monkey won’t seem happy
A tree from the point of view of an environmentalist is an ICU patient.
- The tree is depicted as a patient heavily sick and is lying on the bed
- Both the trees and the ICU patient require oxygen to survive and the usage of respiratory mask to help them better inhale oxygen shows how serious this situation is
- A reflection on how the pollution of our environment is getting worse
- if nothing is done to rescue the trees, they might slowly die just like some of the patients in ICU
A tree from the point of view of an ant is a mountain.
- The ant specifically was placed at the end of the mountain, to better show the way to climb upwards is a difficult challenge.
A tree from the point of view of a child is an adventure.
- A child is always curious about new things, they like to climb the trees to get a higher and a further view
- A suspension bridge to represent a whole tree
- There is a big hole in the middle of the bridge
- This means that it is dangerous for a child to do so since they might fall off the tree
For this project, I am decided to challenge on myself as I am not quite used to the digital style. Although in the process, I am actually want to give up and go back to the traditional style but I felt uncomfortable like I didn’t achieve something that I promised myself at the start. My ideas for this whole project always go to the most simple one because I think that the execution of the artwork is very important.
Overall, to me, it is a quite good experiment to the digital illustration. Finally I have done it!