Week 6 Progress – Intergalactica Bath Bomb

This week I bought another bath bomb. This time I got the ‘Intergalactica’ bath bomb.

I prefer this bath bomb because the colours are much more pleasing and colourful.

I took some stills after it has completely dissolved.

I like how it looks like the milky way/galaxy.

Throughout the filming, I tried blowing the liquid too with a hairdryer.

It produced really beautiful effects.

I tried inserting the stills into the long panel format.

I also tried to create visuals that help me to visual how the final look might look like.

After consultation with Ina and advice from my friends, we thought it would be better to drop the black frame behind the model.

I inserted the footage into Premiere Pro and adjusted the brightness and contrast only. The work in progress can be seen below.

Intergalactica WIP

Overall, I love the visual of the second bath bomb that I captured. I will use a mix of the first and second bath bombs that I dissolved.

In addition, I’ve chosen the music that I want to use for my visual. It will be a 2 minutes audio from

The music producer has given me the permission use his music. Thankfully, I managed to find an oriental looking friend and I will most probably shoot the model footage on recess week.

Next Step:

  • Book photo studio (Make sure there is green screen)

Week 5 Progress – Lush Bath Bombs

I started filming with the Lush bath bombs. Over the weekend, I searched up for bath bombs that are able to give off an array of colours when it is dissolved. I chose the ‘Experimenter’ in the end.

I got a small rectangular box as well because I cannot find a bathtub. I didn’t get a glass tank either because firstly, it is expensive and inconvenient to move around. Secondly, it does not affect the video results as the bath bombs would have covered what is underneath after a few seconds of dissolving.

You can watch the process here > Experiment 1 and Experiment 2

I haven’t fully got to edit it but I did a quick color correction and cropping to roughly see how the product would look like. I slow down the video to 10% from 100% to gauge the look when it is shown on the long panel in North Spine.

https://vimeo.com/233200747

I thought the green liquid looks a little off-putting so I tried changing the colours of the liquid. However, it depends on the theme of my video and if it fits, I will still stick to green.

https://vimeo.com/233200923

The clip look a little blurry because I exported it in medium birate. But I will export it in high birate for the final video. I might need to adjust the FPS settings of my DSLR as it doesn’t look very smooth when I slow down the video.

Note to self

  • I will get another bath bomb to experiment. Keeping in mind that the theme is in relation to ancient China, I will get one that can give a reddish or gold look.
  • Adjustment to the position of the softbox can be better.
  • When inserting the bath bombs to the tub, lower it slowly or else it will ‘disturb’ the water and post-production can be tricky/difficult.
  • Use something long to ‘move’ the bath bomb when it is dissolving or else it will only stay in one location of the bucket.
  • In subsequent experiments, if the bath bomb still stays only in one side and not moving around, I can consider the use of mirror effect for great dynamism.

Next step

  • Search for another bath bomb and continue with experimenting.
  • Search for color effects and transitions online that I could incorporate in my video for both the bath bomb and the model
  • Start looking for an oriental-looking model
  • Book photo studio