This is the video documentation for our final project presentation. We were glad that it invoked responses from the people that were watching the interaction happening between the installation and its participant. Many people were taking videos and photos of the participant’s actions. This was the ideal scenario we wanted to achieve. The interaction between the installation and the participant and another form of interaction between the bystanders and the participants.
We tried testing our interactive installation at the concrete wall. Initially we used light sticks as the light source. We took screenshot of the colors of the light stick and got their values on Photoshop. We input the values into Max so it can detect the colors. However, once we were in the open area, the camera cannot detect the light stick. It was because the light source from the open affected the readings. In the end, we used colored paper instead.
It was fun testing out the installation ourselves. Through the testing we determined the optimum distance the person had to stand from the camera in order for patch to work. We also tested out different combinations of sound to understand how it will affects the user trying out the installation. We just hope it will not rain on the day of the final presentation.
The following are the screenshots for the patch we did for our interactive installation.
The following is the video documentation of us trying out the Max patch. We used light sticks and several colored materials to test out the patch.
The main issue for our patch is the webcam not detecting the colors at times. Therefore, it was quite frustrating as we were not sure at times if it was the fault of the patch or the fault of the camera. To put an end to our problem, we borrowed an external webcam that is more reliable, so the detection rate of the colors is more consistent.
The train is a simple yet interesting text based interactive web story. The story is about you having a date with a girl, and you have to find your way home. In the beginning, the girl you have a date with will take to you to destiny. When she leaves, you have to find your way home through making a series of choices in which will affects the outcome of the ending. There is a total of ten different endings for the players to explore. This interactive project showcases the power of storytelling. Through using purely text, it can engage the player to go the entire flow of the story. It also creates curiosity within the players which make them replay the interactive story to discover the other different endings.
These are the scenes for the ending of the game. It will consists of a final event which will provide the player with three choices. Each choice will leads to a different ending. There will be three different endings in total.
These are the trial scenes for our game project. These scenes tell the story of how sook ching was being carried out. We want to show the fear and uncertainties it created during that period. It also shows the moral dilemma the main character had to go through when faced with people he had a personal connection with.
For the Lozano-Hemmer’s Shadow Boxes patch, I played around with the values to create different effects for the visual output. I combined a cv.jit.centroids patch with it to add sound effect to the overall patch. The following is the documentation for the combined patch. Enjoy! 😀
For the face tracking patch, I learnt how to map the face of Will Smith on top of my face for visual output. I added the video velocity effect with cv.jit.HSflow to see how it will work out with the face tracking patch. It managed to create some beautiful and interactive effects. The following is the documentation for the combined patch. Enjoy! 😀
For the photo booth tutorial, I learned how to generate sounds of command to position my face for the webcam to take a screenshot. It was a complicated patch, and I had a hard time getting it to work. After getting the patch to work, I substituted the sounds with other sounds to create funny effects. I had fun making the patch and get it to work. The following is my documentations of my patch. Enjoy! 😀