Previously there were suggestions to elevate our form and simplify it so this week we decided to do a mock up and try to elevate it using Plasticine and a metal wire (which did not look like it was elevated). In the end we decided to use Rhino and cad out the form, and tried to render it with a material that we thought was fitting to our form.
We wanted it to seem full and solid like the bones in the spine so we chose carbon dioxide absorbing cement. This gives the sculpture weight and it feels ironic that it can be elevated as well.
One thought on “Week 8: Spine Form Progress”
the minimal design could be fine but I really do not understand how you want to elevate the spine
you’re not showing any possible solution in your rendering, please explain