4D – Alter Egos

Hi everyone, Darren here. For this assignment, I started off by thinking of my own personal characteristic traits, followed by further planning and researching. Listed down below are the list of attributes that I can relate myself as.

1. Outgoing nature – Friendly and love meeting new people.
  2. Diligent – Work hard and play hard, though at times, I love to procrastinate.
  3. Patience – Because I believed that a person who masters patience, masters everything else.
  4. Positive thinker – Always thinking on the positive side and keeping myself motivated and driven on.

and the list goes on….. =p

So here are the research for the 5 characters for each different category.

1. “Characters from literature or fiction with whom I have a special affinity.”
  • Rocky – Underdog Champion, who fought hard to prove that he is not worthless.
  • Forrest Gump – A simple man with a positive attitude in life.
  • Captain America – A hero who fight for justice.
  • Sgt. Matt Eversmann(Black Hawk Down) – A man with great leadership skill and always looking out for his men.
  • Groot (Guardians Of The Galaxy) – Its interesting how this chill creature has so much super powers to fight against evil-doers.

Forrest Gump – Forrest Gump the movie is about him being a simple-minded person but yet his life is filled with adventures. I chose him not because of his mental issue, but is more of his moral values in which we can observe and take away from the movie. Few examples are his patience to tolerate bullies and also his faithfulness towards Jenny. Secondly, his enthusiasm in which he even joined the army and got awarded the National Hero(war) award, a football star award and also being crowned the ping pong champion.

Sgt. Matt Eversmann – For eighteen hours, American soldiers serving in Somalia were trapped inside a hostile area in Mogadishu.  They were vastly outnumbered and targeted by an angry mob, were under fierce attack until they were rescued. Under great leadership skills from Sgt.Matt, their soldiers were able to escape. Though this movie, I learnt about teamwork and how important it is to make the wise choice. The perseverance and never say die attitude is essential even in our daily lives.

rocky-52198956448c8 MPW-19355 captainamerica-poster MPW-37550 Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_Groot_movie_poster

2. “Public figures”

• Kobe Bryant – Kobe Bryant is a NBA player who work hard for his burning passion for basketball to be the one of the top MVP’s in NBA history.
  • Michael Bay – Michael Bay is an american filmmaker who has produced great films such as Transformers, pearl harbour etc.
  • David Beckham – David Beckham is a famous soccer superstar who is also part of many charity events in the world.
  • Walter Elias “Walt” Disney – was an American entrepreneur, cartoonist, animator, voice actor, and film producer.
  • Steve Jobs – Steve jobs was an American information technology entrepreneur and inventor. He was the co-founder, chairman, and chief executive officer (CEO) of Apple Inc.

Kobe Bryant – Kobe Bryant has always been my favourite basketball sport idol since secondary school. His determination and burning passion for basketball is something in which I used to strive for during my childhood time. He is a man with great honor and has gained a large amount of respects for his hard work and effort during his high school years till today.

Walter Elias “Walt” Disney – A man with unrelenting spirit and commitment to his vision towards The Walt Disney Company. In his early years, Walt Disney started off as a farm boy drawing cartoon pictures of his neighbor’s horses for fun. His dedication and passion for animations has allowed him to create numerous famous fictional characters like Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy. This is something which I will always admire and respect for their tough journey becoming a famous person in history.

Screen Shot 2016-01-26 at 12.53.06 am Michael-bay-1 david-beckham-20060907-1591010483176112b60d4d4fa610268d8ca32cScreen Shot 2016-01-26 at 12.53.16 am

3. “People you know or have known”

• My Dad
  • My Close friend – Jonathan Heng
  • My Childhood friend – Grace Tan
  • My Relative – Jasmine Tan
  • My Cousin – David Low

My Dad – There are people who don’t believe in hero, but my dad is one. When I was young, my dad has always been the sole bread winner of the family. Having multiple jobs by himself, he worked day and night just to feed our family. What more could I asked for to have such a wonderful and amazing dad.

My Close friend – Jonathan Heng – Always being fascinated by how camera’s move and capture moving images, my this friend of mine has started out a company under his name. Being young and enthusiastic, his passion for film is ever lasting and growing day by day.

Final Decision – Forrest Gump

Planning stage – Simple storyboard to show how my video will unfold, shot by shot. Written below are the kind of camera angles, location for my shots and some brief description on how the shot should look like.

20160125_233751

Script for the individual scene

20160125_233712

Mind-Map on the characteristics and traits for Forrest Gump

20160125_233615

Mind-Map Summarise in point forms

1. Diligent
  2. Patience
  3. Faithful
  4. Heart of Gold
  5. Perseverance
  6. Postitive Thinker
  7. Enthusiasm
  8. Fast-learner
  9. Generous
  10. Gifted in a innocent way
  11. Kind
  12. Naive
  13. Courageous
  14. Loyal to friends
  15. Simple Minded

Final Outcome! Please enjoy the short film.

Conclusion:

I am someone who possesses strong inter-personal skills, somewhat of a social butterfly.

I can relate to Forrest Gump in many ways according to my attributes and how to become a better person. My friends think i am honest to a fault, but like the Forrest, I too, have been blessed to have met so many people in my life especially my friends around me.

Lastly, I chose this iconic scene where it seems I am waiting for someone, to show that I have a lot of patience and perseverance.

Thank You!!!

fb8e247446d627d0fc99a7594eb20e8c