The progress that we aim for this week:
Collection of plastic cups:
We have place notice and boxes at strategic area to collect from our fellow adm peeps. The collection point are located at B1, Level 1 and Level 2 beside the dustbin where mainly student would gather around. We also posted on ADM Facebook page to giving them a heads up on our project and collection of cups! Do remember to help us if you are using the plastic cups as well! 🙂
We also had plans to do up 2 cluster for our final. We will start making the flower this weekend on 28 OCT so that IEM peeps would have time to complete their wiring and coding.
Presentation – 20 minutes
Video (included in the presentation) – Only include the material that is going to help viewers understand why your project is done in this particular way/ testing/prototype we’ve built (10 mins or less) More like a commercial
Interviews and surveys
Test it out on people, test it out on them and see what they feel about it and what are their feedbacks
We will be starting of the video explaining our concept.
– Explanation of the water ripple effect
– Though provoking questions regarding the environment
– Stop motion of our collected recycled cups piling up in stacks
(our intention of using recycled cups and process of collecting them)
Next, showing the expected outcome through rendering
– Floor plans and how it will look like for the actual piece
– The light patterns and light shows
– Expected outcome of when audience comes near to it and call-to-action
– When there is no detection, left alone (Randomised the light patterns)
– Just as it begin
– When its crowded
– Finally being left alone again
Ideas for video:
Water ripple effect ideas
1) Cup floating on top of water, when lifted up, water droplets fall from cup, creating ripples
2) Filming from top view over a pool of water, lift cup from water, then cover lens, then cut to putting the cup on the floor, cups will multiply radially
3) Filming the ripples spreading out
[more towards the direction of simplicity]
Final proposal and presentation Discussion
- Think about if we are the judge who have seen the festival and selected artworks, what’s the selling point that they will want to see?
- Why do we use this material?
- How our proposal fits into the theme of sustainability, how it effects the piece? Feedback scenario?