4 comments

1. Hi Makoto!

I am not quite sure if you did it on purpose, but most of your shots’ beauty lies in its simplicity. It has a soft effect to it, and tries to tell a story.
    Your understanding of lighting is evident in your work as well. Especially for the first part: Me, you have shot really well. When seeing the three pieces together, it is like we get to see three facets of your life in a very harmonious way, There is a benign energy to it, somewhat letting us grasp that your sickly days have been left behind, 🙂

2. Hey Makoto! Your Presentation really stood out to me, especially since we both have had sicknesses as little children!

My condition may have been really minor, but I can still really relate to the feeling of revisiting the same hospital over and over again for extended periods of time.

It’s good to see that you’re in good health and I certainly hope that you’ll stay that way!

3. This is a really touching piece of work. I could really connect with this work on a deeper level as I know that your condition played a significant role in defining who you are. It has an extremely strong concept and I love the presentation as I could really feel the pain that you underwent. Thank you and keep up the great work!

4. Hey Mookata!! Makoto! Oops!

Awesome photos you got there man. Your presentation really told us many many things about you that we didn’t know. I like how you alternate between colour and B&W to draw our attention to specific things about your picture that you want to showcase

My only critique about this would be the skateboard picture. I just thought that maybe turning the skateboard around to show the trucks and wheels would make it more recognizable than the sandpaper surface?

All in all a great job and good presentation!