Analog

For the mid-sem analog version, I intended to have the lasers set-up for this version.

However, I couldn’t find anywhere in Singapore that sold lasers for cheap. Ended up paying $20 for 3 lasers that weren’t very bright or bright enough to show up in the fog.

Quite worrying, considering I still needed videos. So I tried to figure out means of which to replicate the effect.

Hence, at the last moment I booked out a projector, to try and replicate thin beams of light, which also didn’t work entirely as planned.

However while I shot the video for documentation, i managed to improve and somehow get a nice thin beam of red.

I also found large blocks of colour worked really well.

However, ultimately I was entirely worried that it did not constitute as analog enough.

But thankfully some encouragement and good feedback was helpful and reassuring to stop me from sweating loudly.

Personally speaking, the longer I spend on this project, the happier I am with it. I ended up spending a few hours purely on documentation alone and I really enjoyed my time in that room.

Walking into the triangular beams and being able to see the layers withing the projected shape really enriched the visuals for me and made me want to keep snapping photos and shooting videos.  Which in a way, was one of my goals with the space I’m making; to make a place that people really do want to spend time in and take a lot of photos.

Even while editing the video, I felt the urge to remake the room just to spend more time in it.

Video Link Below.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1E_j3C3JGLzbB4_EZJPscSaR1Aa5YMz2V