Logline: A foreigner visits a ceramics museum in Indonesia and finds herself put behind bars for committing an act that she did not do.
Synopsis: A foreigner enters a museum and finds herself arrested for breaking a museum piece. She was taken to the police station and forced to pay a big fine. The reason behind her arrest appeared absurd to Saira, and little by little she realizes female solo travelers were arrested in the same way Saira was. With two foreign women stuck in the same jail cell as her, the three of them discuss an escape route to get out of the place before anything worse happens to them.
Suggestions from peers:
– Provide reasons why the two young boys support police in scam of tourists
– Reasons could include a political corruption, or bribery culture within the police community that no one seems to be bothered about
– another possible reason; human trafficking
– jailing of three women
– if we are going to mention police corruption, why is that so
– police abusing their power
– even young boys are aware that even though they are on the policemen’s side, they are also victims to this too.
– at beginning, Saira should be portrayed as the bad girl and security guy as a bad guy. Purpose: viewers would form impressions, and this can be changed throughout the story.