So, for this project, it was about me. We started out making thumbnail sketches of “Me + a social setting = My reaction”. I’ve made plenty of sketches below.
The ideas I had were quite narrative and literal. It had to be “abstractified”, so I had a hard time trying to make it more abstract. With the help of metaphors, symbols and some Photoshop here and there, I managed to make out some thumbnails. Ms Ina advised me to use some famous Renaissance paintings or portraits and incorporate that into my thumbnails as well. I’ve made some in the form of putting some of my faces in there.
In the meantime, I’ll be exploring more ways to “abstractify” my ideas about “Me + Setting = My Reaction” and wait for feedback from Ms Ina on the current images I have, as above. The next processes I’ll post soon, will probably be improved versions on current thumbnails, and the use of colours for them.q