Reflections: Port Singapore.

First off, huge shout out to Team 6. They’ve been the bestest group ever, and we’ve had the craziest time together. I think we really trusted each other and that helped with our project.

I wish we had photos of the making process, but when you’re working on zero sleep for 48 hours, it’s hard to remember things like that.

I am oddly pleased with my copper coins since I hand made themĀ andĀ painted them.

Also, I like the clean style of the exhibit, although now I think maybe black walls would have been a truer representation of what a museum would be like.

Since our items were so different from one another, we had to find a way to curate our exhibition such that it made sense. As Kimberly mentioned in class, our proposal was on the verge of becoming 4 separate exhibits.

I feel that the key takeaway from this little project is that it’s a lot harder to curate than one would think. There needs to be an overarching idea, a little something that brings all the items together, for a successful exhibition.

I feel that it’s not just “how the exhibition looks” that makes it successful. There are many “traditional” museums and exhibitions that do not decorate the area, choosing instead to focus on the art pieces itself.

I think that our exhibition has been a unique twist on the traditional museum, being minimalistic in architecture, but also incorporating many digital formats.