in Typographic Portrait

2D Project 1, Week 4: Conceptualisation Of Idea

Attributes selected:

1. Adventure Seeker
  2. Embracing nature (Nature-Lover)
  3. Organised
  4. Attention To Detail (Observant)
  5. Determined
  6. Resourceful

I started out wanting to do 3D typography, where I place objects relating to that specific character trait in a form of my name. However, after much consideration, I tried my hands on Photoshop to get the basic idea of roughly what I wanted my end goal to be.

Adventure Seeker

This was an attempt at finding images around the web relating to the idea of ‘Adventure’ and using these images to form letters of my name.

Next, I moved on to the character trait of  ‘Observant’.

Observant

Change of Ideas

After consulting with Joy, she suggested I look into the concept of how I can better create the character traits to be more interconnected with each other. To have a central idea that revolves around these 6 traits instead of painstakingly doing each separate trait with a different idea.

After much consideration, I decided to change the idea  and take photos surrounding the theme of how my journey in the wild brings out the characteristics listed. Basically, it is like a movie where it is a journey through each character trait listed above.

As of now, I will keep exploring and do more research to see what suits me best for this project.