7: Chinoiserie / Japonaiserie

If you could have a room of your own, how would you set about decorating it? Chinoiserie? Japonaiserie?

I’d choose Chinoiserie if given the choice between the two to design and decorate a room/apartment of my own. Chinoiserie gives a soft, sweet and feminine touch to the interior. The wallpaper and pillow fabric covers depict the typical Chinoiserie imagery of pretty florals, green leaves, and little birds gracefully perched on gentle branches of the trees. The clean design and opened windows allow the sunlight to enter the living space thus creating a wonderful area to read or indulge in afternoon tea sessions comfortably be it on your own or with your friends.

6c4e738676cf336e0ae247769c2cae6c

I believe this could be the small corner of either a dining room or a bedroom. I love the reflection that gives a sneak peak of the blue and white porcelain vase placed on top of a wooden wardrobe. The wallpaper design is faint yet soft and pretty still. Black lacquer furniture with golden details gives the room an elevated sense of beauty and sophistication. It reflects the owner’s high taste, eye for details, and status. I absolutely love the white-blue design and texture of the seat’s fabric cover!

07219e71ebd08ffe17760dfa55995df6

bathroom-ceramic-wall-tile-59246-2189943

I’d keep the palette to white, cream, brown or mostly blue and white. I love the blue and white design of this sink and water tap that has both Chinese and Turkish influences.

tumblr_newiwhxzqY1tevtzfo1_1280

Author: Azmeera

22, Singapore. Studying English Language and Literature at Nanyang Technological University. Interested in classical studies, philosophy, mythology, ancient and art history.