Not much happened. Here are some small scale mockups I made to visualise the pattern to cut on the actual piece:
I used Illustrator to create some patterns. Yet to really test them out properly but I’m planning to trace these out on drafting paper (which I forgot to bring home 🙁 ) and test them instead of testing them on the actual PVC leather first because its EXPENSIVE.
Here are some progress with the shiny PVC leather:
I only managed to make a mask. Put all the electronics on it and it works! Video is on my final post.
I documented before but I’ll reiterate.
I used a code that brings info from AirVisuals, an open source API that lets you collect info from the internet.
It works, but as weather is always consistent, the results may not be the most exciting for a fashion show. As such, I created a virtual button on Adafruit.io to toggle the effect from “green” to “red”. Green represents healthier air quality, while red represents dangerous air quality.
More to be done… This is only the main part. The motors will be on the chest piece, and I need 2 more pieces of LED strip for the shoulders.
The LED light here is for the arms, and I also need 1 more piece for the arm.
I already have the materials so I’ll continue working on it over the sem break or even, if I need to continue after sem starts.
For concept updates and all, see final post.