” HELLO MY NAME IS _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ “

HELLO my name is ______Ç∂®Θ⌊¡ΠΞ______

Everyone were given 3 ‘Hello my name is’ cards on our first lesson of 2D Foundation II class which we had to visually interpret ourselves by selecting a subject that represents us or an aspect of our personality in 3 ways. —(1)Typography, (2)Abstract solution and (3)Conceptual.

LET THE FUN BEGIN —- Ç∂®Θ⌊¡ΠΞ

(1) Typography

image6
I was so excited to start playing with me name. What can to my mind immediately was CAR and LINE, so I wanted to play along this line.
‘A Dot Is A Line That Went For A Walk’ – Title for one of last Semester’s assignment was my inspiration to link up my name in a single line, making it look Ribbon-like at the same time.

I have decided to form [C-A-R] according to an outline of a toy car, then [O] for its front wheel and lastly [L-I-N-E] as line/or margin itself. I thought that it would look better if I have spelt out the L-I-N-E instead of just a [________] straight line across.

image3
(2) Abstract Solution

For abstraction, at first, I was going towards this idea as seen in the art work I did before below. These are actually goldfishes expressed in an ambiguous or as an abstraction. There is a flow movement in this art work. I thought that I could used this to represent myself as an easy going person. However I have decided to skip this idea.

Photo 11-9-15 5 00 04 pm (1)
I proceeded to this. My drawings are usually portrayed as detailed, clean, minimal and yet expressive. I have this love for exploration and adventure so I thought that I could incorporate experimentations to create abstract.

Here I applied glue gun on white paper before tearing the glue out and pasting on the card. This looks like something I would see under the microscope. After some googling, I found that it really looks like those Scanning-Electron-Microscope (SEM) images of organic matters. [ I love organic. ]

This looks like a microscopic view or a peanut shell, just because it looks like the surface of a peanut shell. I have decided to used this to show that I am a detailed person who look into things in detail. Haha.
image7

image1

(2) Conceptual

Below was my very first idea for my conceptual card. It is to portray myself as  a hopeful person by replacing the usual dark rain clouds with colourful rain clouds when it rains. However, I have decided to skip this idea.

image9

I love nature and things in its raw and organic form. Hence, I used dried flowers (dried baby’s breath)  to represent nature and raw material. Cotton threads to represent raw materials too. The fake paper flower was used to make the entire composition pop.

image8

image2

Overview:

Overall, I like all 3 name cards and I would alternate between them on which I would bring to class that week. The abstract one and the conceptual would be more interactive because of its hidden meaning and and 3D like appearence.

image4
_____HELLO…Its me_____ (: