in Lines (Journal)

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA Franz Kline feels on Chinese calligraphy paper but it didn’t work out well because it’s too flimsy and absorbent.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA Spiderweb for fragile, but I felt like it was too literal.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA I loaded a brush with ink and started splattering the ink so it would drip down (I did not make a mess of it in my room! That is my achievement of the year.) to try and emulate Jackson Pollock’s action painting. It doesn’t look as messy and emotional as his, it looks sort of blobby in a funny way, probably because while Pollock was sort of depressed, I was having so much fun flicking blobs of ink.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA I used a new and improved version of this for my “Embarassed” line in the end. This one was too dark to be such a shy emotion.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA While I didn’t make a fiasco out of the ink blob-splattering, I spilled some ink on the floor (oopsie) and so I had to wipe them up with tissue. While I was at it, I decided to make the best out of the unfortunate accident and dabbed the tissue paper on my white paper to get these marks. No use crying over spilled ink, non?

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

A combination of using black paint impasto and splatters and it didn’t work out too well either cause the difference in texture is too stark and the shapes didn’t complement each other very well.