For more information about Gastronesian Police and Gastronesian Law Enforcement, click here.
Gastronesia has five official philosophical foundation as a nation.
Pre-gastrowave, they were:
- Everyone shall believe in the one and only God.
- Everyone shall live in a just and civilized community.
- No one shall bring harm the unity of Gastronesia.
- Monarchy shall be guided by selected representatives.
- No Gastronesian shall be subjected to social injustice.
- The star represents religiousity.
- Just and civilized community is represented by a strong thick chain.
- Unity of Gastronesia is represented by a banyan tree, known for its expansive above-ground roots and branches.
- Monarchy is represented a bull.
- Social justice is represented by wheat and cotton, symbolising the welfare of the country.
Post-gastrowave, it was decided that the main nation principles must go through an amendment due to the impact that the gastrowave had on the country, such as decreasing importance in nationalistic sentiments and increasing importance of food in daily lives.
- Everyone shall believe in and strive for only Gastronomically Optimum Distinction.
- Everyone shall live in a justly well-fed and civilised community.
- No one shall bring major harm to the unity of Gastronesia.
- Monarchy shall be guided by selected and a few elected representatives.
- No Gastronesian shall be subjected to starvation.
Everyone concerned in the making of the amended principles agrees that it is best for the country, and that the emblem as a coat of arms shall remain unchanged.
The changing principles has resulted in law amendments as well, including the following small addition to Section VIIa.2 :
i. Arguable lack of social justice is hereby decreed relatively legal insofar as the best interest of Gastronomically Optimum Distinction is concerned.
ii. Monarchy in place heretofore shall remain and not be deemed social injustice due so as to preserve national heritage and identity.