Zine

I’m happy with how this project turned out. I didn’t go for the consultations because one of my molars got infected and I had to get it taken care of. Nonetheless, I loved doing this project. There was so much freedom given to us by our 2D Professor Shirley that I am grateful for. Her guidance on the first two projects have also been extremely helpful.

For the Zine, I wanted to incorporate all the things that I’ve learned from my two professors in terms of colour, style, typography, and how to combine those elements. I used a lot of blank space in my work because I often want to put a particular item or a set of words into focus. There is also a lot of contrast when it comes to colour and size.

The concept behind my work was to create a book of inconsequential thoughts/decisions that may have underlying meaning hidden beneath them. My struggle with melancholia was the inspiration for this. Simple things like putting on shoes, leaving the the shower, or getting out of bed carries a lot of weight. These simple decisions start the day and shape it.

ZINE1ZINE2ZINE3ZINE4ZINE5ZINE6

ZINE-7