POV : Process

ref_5

It all started out with random sketches and doodles to gather ideas. I was very interested in animals.

ref_7

At the same time, I liked food. I liked eating. I wanted to explore the point of view of animals had on food. What do they see human food? How do they see it? I approached it in a quirky way.

ref_4

By placing the animals in the food itself. I found this way to be quirky yet the watercolor details make it look like I’m serious about this commentary.

ref_8

Chicken in the chicken rice was born. i explored the wet mediums like ink and water colors. More examples of how I explored the medium in the “Bees exploration pages”…

ref_1

My initial idea on the composition and wanted it to have a textbook look.

ref_3

So, I wrote their names below the illustrations. Over here I’m just testing out the potential fonts or brush lettering methods I can use.

ref_2

Wasn’t happy with how it turned out. So i decided to explore circle compositions. Looks great. So i did it. I decided on circle composition. Looks like the pupil/telescope looking (#pointofview)
ref_6

In my final piece, I concluded the image with a washi tape to tape the circle to the mounting board for presentation. I chose to do this because the shadow casted at the side/bottom of the circle give depth to the entire composition

Author: Diane Lim

ADM | 21 | @common_err (Instagram)

One thought on “POV : Process”