Below is the essay proposal format I have for art history. It is still very rough but has a layout of what I am intending to focus on for each paragraph.
Proposal format for question 1:
What is Chinese tomb art? Compare two bronzes from the Shang dynasty. OR compare two terracotta figures from the Qin dynasty.
- What is Chinese tomb art?
- Why are there Chinese tomb art?
- Examples of Chinese tomb art
- The terracotta warriors in Qin Shihuangdi’s grave are part of a majestic range of Chinese tomb art for the emperor.
Plan for essay:
- Compare between two terracotta warriors.
- Analysis of similarities and differences between both art pieces.
- Analysis of significance of tomb art in context.
Possible paragraphs envisioned (Numbers below represent paragraphs)
- Introduction to Chinese tomb art. This includes their use, appearance, and context of history and religion in which it was used.
- Introduction of both terracotta pieces for comparism. Compare on similarity and differences.
- Analysis on context for both terracotta pieces.
- Attempt to answer and support the tentative claim that terracotta warriors are part of a majestic form of Chinese tomb art.
- Conclusion to highlight tentative claim once more.