What is Chinese tomb art?
- Definition of tomb art.
- What is tomb art in Chinese culture, hence what makes chinese tomb art different from other culture’s tomb art.
- The purpose of tomb art for Chinese: religious, social, personal functions.
Compare two bronzes from the Shang dynasty.
- Form of tomb art during the Shang dynasty: bronzes.
- Types of bronzes found.
- Brief information on Royal tombs and their burial items as well as commoners’ tombs and their items.
- (More detailed) Hence, comparing two bronzes found from Lady Hao tomb (royal tomb) and a commoner/person of a non-royal blood’s tomb.
- The differences
- The similarities
- Claim: The importance of Shang funeral bronzes is more inclined towards differentiating social status rather than religious purposes.