Task 1B: Exploratory Research – Interviews
For my research, I have mainly decided to send out a survey to better understand the general consensus of Singaporean’s mindset towards recycling and the motivations behind their decision to recycle. Hence, I create questions that will allow me to understand
- Singaporean’s willingness to recycle
- Singaporean’s awareness towards the recycling system in Singapore
- Singaporean’s awareness of what can or cannot be recycled
- The reason behind their decision on whether to recycle or not
Below are the questions from the survey that was sent out.
As the sample size is very small as compared to the whole actual number of Singaporeans, I am aware of the restrictions in the responses recorded. I have also tried to compare the responses to what I feel and also with opinions and research found online.
Attached below are the responses recorded.
From the responses, I have decided to
- Focus on the problem of convenience being a reason why Singaporean’s have decided not to recycle
- Tackle the problem about the general public not knowing what can be recycled and what can not
- Raising awareness about the easy access we have to recycling bins
- Tackling the problems and factors that contribute to the deterring of recycling