It was working properly when I tested it before presentation, It somehow didn’t work the way I wanted. I was pretty disappointed about it but it did work based in the video. Somehow,I felt that the speed of the motions can be much slower down. That’s one of the biggest challenges that I faced. If I was given a second chance to rebuild the whole structure, I believed I can improve on and do it better with a different kind of layout. Instead of doing it this way, (Above) I could have done or build it in a way that the mechanisms is against the wall.
For this project, I learnt of gathering materials and trying to do things in my minimum budget which is $10. Actually I found most of my items inside the recycle bin in our 3D foundation room. It may look like a big mess of rubbish in it but if you search carefully inside the bin you may find what you wanted.
By using the same process as the study model, using salt, vinegar, bleach but the result didn’t turn up so well because I wanted to have the brownish effects on my model. So I was recommended by my classmate to put in as many copper clips as possible to soak them with the chemical. At the end of the process, I used a portable bunsen burner to burn some parts of the metal tin which gives little more detailed on the corrosion tins.
The shape of the metal tins was inspired by a picture of lamp that I saw online, I felt that it gives a better form than my previous study model but after the consultation, the shape could be better if its constant like having the same shape.
Picture of my study model and the final form.
Some details to improve on and take note is that I have to keep things consistency for the next project. I used the wrong glue to stick the supports on my model which resulted ugliness on my model because the yellowish glue is too distracting. There’s something I need to focus and improve on!