- the old model only involves waist movements.
- in the 1st draft, aesthetics were not taken consideration yet
- The new model aims to become a system of tools/equipment that will engage isolated body parts to perform movements extracted from Taichi. Therefore, there would be equipment cater to legs, waist, hands, arms separately. Furthermore, considering working adults would not be in exercise attire during office hours and they might just have few mins during their break, all movements could be considered as “N.E.A.T — non-exercise activities thermogenesis”. So users could do gentle movements with the help of the facilities. Besides, this would enable more than 2 people to use this tools at the same time; hence, it would also be a good chance for people to talk and interact during their break.
- In terms of aesthetic, I would like to use the traditional taichi symbol as inspiration. First of all this symbol is well-known by all most everyone, using it would be an obvious reminder for users that this facility is related to Taichi. Secondly, this symbol well expresses the ideology behind Taichi, which is ” balance ” “movements” “duality”, therefore, I would like to play with the iconic “black and white” color of Taichi symbol.
- I propose to use the combination of wood and metal to build this system to create the modern look. Normally, manufacturers use metal alloy to build this kind of facility because they are more likely to be put outdoor.
draft 1 by Nov 2016
Draft 2 by Jan 2017