This project has definitely taught me to experiment different ways of making marks and it was definitely an interesting process.:) The following is my documentation process over the past 4 weeks.
Medium: Watercolour, string and stick.
Trying to create decalcomania. I painted one side with the dangling string and closed the paper together.
Medium: Watercolour, baking paper
These made splotches on my paper. It was interesting because the water dispersed on the waxed surface.
Medium: Watercolour, Cling wrap
Medium: Watercolour, Aluminium foil
Medium: Water Colour, tip of straw
These created line that reminded me of wood.
Medium: Watercolour and rounded part of the straw
Medium: Watercolour and side of straw.
I think that this turned out quite interesting because it reminded me of tears or blood dripping.
Medium: shaving cream, food colouring, tooth pick, ruler
This was definitely one of the more exciting methods I tested out.
I first sprayed shaving cream onto the newspaper, and dripped the food colouring into it. I then used the tooth pick to create swirls. Once I’m done, I placed the paper ontop of the shaving cream for about 1 minute. Remove it and use a ruler to scrap the shaving cream.
This is one of the monoprints that I worked one. It was fun doing it because I have never done it before. So it was an eye opening experience.
Medium: Rice paper and chinese ink
This had a very nice effect too with the rice paper.
Since I wanted to have a mixture of different mediums throughout my 18 lines. I decided to draw some of it.
Medium: Water colour and salt
Medium: Watercolour and cling wrap
This was the process of making the bottom using cling wrap. After painting the watercolour, I then placed the crumpled cling wrap on it.
These were how they turned out.
I thought that it was very interesting how it caught on some parts which made it darker adn some parts lighter.