in 4D Foundation - 3

Point of View – Process

I think this is an interesting project where we could use any subject and look at it from different point of view which we could fill in any kind of co subject hence interpret or express it visually. After a few brainstorming I decided to go with the subject “Stairs” and “Tarzan” for me both were equally fun and seems to be a lot of ideas that we could play with.

FullSizeRender

I consulted Prof Shirley, she helped me give constructive feedbacks and generate some ideas during the discussion. It is really good to have discussed as we will be able to generate more ideas. Therefore, after further thinking and analyzing, I think It is better that I work with “Tarzan” due to the subject being more interesting plus reminiscing back my childhood time where I watched my first ever Tarzan Disney Movie in cinema. It was really a great movie; the storyline was really good. There are a lot of emotional scenes and life learning point.

Let me list down my final Six after the consultation that I’m working on.

A TARZAN FROM THE POINT OF VIEW OF JANE IS CRUSH

A TARZAN FROM THE POINT OF VIEW OF GORILLA IS FAMILY

A TARZAN FROM THE POINT OF VIEW OF CITY IS JUNGLE

A TARZAN FROM THE POINT OF VIEW OF WARDROBE IS APPROPRIATE

A TARZAN FROM THE POINT OF VIEW OF SOCIAL MEDIA IS “OH IYO IYO!”

A TARZAN FROM THE POINT OF VIEW OF TREES IS DOWNTOWN LINE

I did some doodling and sketches that comes out of my head…

TARZAN FROM THE POINT OF VIEW OF JANE IS CRUSH

FullSizeRender

About this one I perceived Jane to be someone who is very well educated and very hard to impress, however he thinks differently about Tarzan. With that idea, I think it is best to describe her having huge crush with the jungle boy but does not want to admit. But all along she already falls for him. With that, I would like to interpret this expression by having Tarzan bringing a bunch of flowers for Jane whilst is was just a fantasies.

TARZAN FROM THE POINT OF VIEW OF GORILLA IS FAMILY

FullSizeRender_1

One of the life learning point for me, that no matter who the person maybe, be it another human, animal or creature, if they show affectionate connection, the latter is like a family and always enjoy being together, therefor I would like to show here how Tarzan with gorilla enjoy so much being together.

TARZAN FROM THE POINT OF VIEW OF CITY IS JUNGLE

FullSizeRender_2

As for this one, I combined Jungle and city largely because I want to incorporate a feel of nature in city. And how it may perceive for Tarzan, if he comes to the city. I’m so sure that he will be bringing all the nature vibes to city. I think it is really cool to have vines and a lot of greens in city. Just to feel more nature and calmness. I’m going to use Singapore context buildings for the aesthetic.

TARZAN FROM THE POINT OF VIEW OF WARDROBE IS APPROPRIATE

FullSizeRender_3

I really thought this one is funny and I guess many of us wouldn’t have thought of it. So ever wonder do Tarzan have his own wardrobe? Or even a few pairs of undergarments? It is hard, but if Tarzan really do have a wardrobe, it would just be appropriate. So I planned to have a wardrobe design for Mr Tarzan with his everyday undergarment.

FullSizeRender_5

I’m not sure what Tarzan would do if he uses Social media, but I figured out it is going to be completely funny if he were to Instagram himself selfie. So I decided to have him post his own photo but the caption is just “oh Iyo Iyo!” since that is one of his language.

FullSizeRender_4

A little of local context, making Tarzan life a lot easier by having a Downtown line all by himself, he could swing from bars to bars and travel to his destination. Why downtown line? Hahahaha since Downtown line goes to many nature places such as Hill view, botanic garden and fort Canning, and I’m sure Tarzan would love these places.

I decided to go with digital photo manipulation approach this time, and making them almost impossible to be in a composition. Using images that I could find in the internet and mask them in a composition.