Perspective
pəˈspɛktɪv/
noun
1. the art of representing three-dimensional objects on a two-dimensional surface so as to give the right impression of their height, width, depth, and position in relation to each other
“the theory and practice of perspective”
2. a particular attitude towards or way of regarding something; a point of view.
In our little class exercise I tried to explore the idea of breaking perspectives, changing the way we see things.
Firstly we tried a little experiment with a pen and depth .
We are able to see in perspective because we use two eyes that compare depth of the images.  As we were looking through the camera, i found it interesting that my mind doesn’t register depth because unlike our eyes, the camera only shows one image.
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/jGR7Xc7ikDA” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>
While looking through the camera, it became confusing because my mind could not register the space as well as it did, hence drawing on the paper was a little more confusing.
horopter-14D7292B3A236B8E610
It also became harder to draw because our minds did not register the depth of field and the spatial structure of things were different inside the screen.