Inanimata

This is one impressive project that I came across. Basically, its communication with light sequences around you and giving them a meaning to it. So it actually it how people try to send messages and narrate stories within this social community using morse code. But the morse code is interpreted  by the the light sequences that you come across their city. I actually downloaded and played with the app with my friend for a while. Its quite interesting to see what they have, especially to hear the stories of others from all walks of life and everywhere around the world.

Though I haven’t really explored much with this application I am already truly impressed with this. I think overall, the feel of an incomprehensive or even random narration relating to you is something that I think from a subconscious level  we are practising but we don’t realize it. An example would be the fashion industry. Fan pages on Facebook are filled with comments on how her perfume or her dress tells us how she feels and its all done through the snap of a photo and posting it on social media. How are people able to narrate a story just of their celebrity by the snap of their dresses for the week etc is amazing. Yet it sounds unusual for us to narrate a story using our surrounding. Perhaps, I am overthinking this.

But overall, I think this project , in my opinion, is a social community that wants to find a relationship between themselves and the environment. How small things can convey such a big story…. Love this!

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/light-conversation/id896542987