2D_Assignment03_Zine_WIP

After decided the style for my zine, I proceeded with the look and design of my zine.

Instead of the normal zine where everyone is making and creating, I decided to make my zine in the most interactive way possible even if it is in 2d form.

1

The cover I came up with for my zine. I did not really know the exact colour scheme I want to use for the cover. This is the set of colours that I have decided on after several trial and error tests. But basically it all started from the basic form of RGB colour scheme and eventually resulted in this after the adjustment and tweaking of the colours. Of course also referencing from Andy Warhol’s contemporary colours.

77c599cac20f29327e8d8791c05ecd4b

Similarly to Andy Warhol’s colour scheme zines, I wanted to create something similar too.

Placing the title ‘AMAZINE‘ with a black background (making it stand out) on the middle 2 columns for balance and in order to shift the audience attention to the title before they scan their eyes randomly on the cover.

2

Revealing one of my 2D work from last sem, I placed it as an intro to my zine. Supporting it with a caption, “IMMERSE IN THE WORLD OF CREATIVITY”. This is to also to induce that this zine is all about creativity.

Following on the right (page 3) I placed an element of a camera on the left portion in between column 1 and 2. This image will be cut out from the top to the left and then to the bottom. As it will flip upwards to the right (Will explain more later on), which will then interact with page 4.

20160412_023521

3

Page 4 & 5

As mentioned earlier on about page 3 interacting with page 4, my face on page 4 will also be cut out partially for it to flip upwards too. (Refer to images at the bottom for more understanding)

In the middle I will showcase my works that has been done from semester 1 to 2.

My face on page 4 will also interact with page 5 completing my entire face when flip open on page 3. (Refer to images at the bottom for more understanding)

20160412_023521 20160412_023541

Well, we take photos after every assignment for OSS upload. The camera can be flip this other way to show this idea too. 🙂

4

Page 6 & 7

As for page 6 refer to this image.

20160412_023603

Flipping of my face from page 3/4, the other side of it interacts with page 6. This is to show the beautiful scene of the mountains with the sky. (The white border is before consultation as it has already been changed, refer to ‘Final’)

Page 7 refer to this image

20160412_023616

Before consultation, the positioning and style was much different. There was too much space in between texts. Hence I shifted the top and bottom text over to page 6 and leave the middle main text. (re positioning and aligning)

5

And lastly, this will be my ending page. A continuous image from the cover page.

I add a quote from myself to further convey my message. I want the viewer to know how much I enjoy being creative and how much I value and enjoy 2D classes.

At the bottom of the quote I added my particulars for contact purposes. By using bit.do I shorten the URL linked to my OSS for more information.