Principles of Design utilize the Elements of Design to compose and enhance art.
The Elements of Design are:
The Principles of Design use these basic frameworks, apply and combine them to create overall sensations and themes to give artwork greater purpose, depth and meaning.
- Distribution of the visual weight of objects, colours, texture & space.
- Part of design that captures viewers’ attention, by contrast
- Repetition of a symbol or object throughout a work of art
- Feeling of unity created when size, amount or number of parts in the image relate well to each other.
- When elements of design are used repeatedly to create feeling of organised movement
- Usage of several elements of design to hold viewers’ attention and guide the viewers’ eyes through work of art
- Feeling of harmony between all parts of a work of art