Prior to research on the 18 emotions, I tried my hand at mark making these emotions to see what would come out. Some worked and some didn’t.
And because some didn’t. It’s back to the drawing board. So with that I present to you- my chosen 18 emotions w/ visual references. The visual references are not just inspiration for what to draw but also for me to get into the headspace of the emotion.
- Dread: To face whatever lies ahead with great apprehension and reluctance. I am dreading having to deal with the next 17 emotions.
- Affection: A gentle feeling of fondness; the kind of love without expectations.
- Exhilaration: A heart thumping, exciting, ride. No bet
- Nervous: Shaking with a sort of fear that everything will go wrong very soon. Usually goes away after the item which we are nervous about has passed.
- Patience: Calm and collected; unburdened. Enjoying the journey
- Impatience: Burdened by purpose. Rushing to get to the destination.
- Paranoia: Delusions of persecution and a general distrust of others; a form of illogical fear.
- Infatuation: Butterflies in your stomach; an overwhelming sensation in your chest.
- Indifferent: The absence of emotion.
- Annoyed: Agitated and spiteful. Muted as compared to anger
- Calm: Peaceful; floating in the wind; one with nature.
- Dejected: Heartbroken, sad, feeling down and blue.
- Anxiety: Uncontrollably jittery panic; like your heart is crumbling and the walls are closing in around you.
- Lonely: Isolation from everything else.
- Sorrow: Losing willpower; sinking and drowning.
- Hopeless: Trying but, overwhelmed by everything, giving up. Consumed by despair.
- Rage: Wild, violent and usually short bursts of anger.
- Blissful: A state of calm and peaceful euphoria