In my group,
1. Yi Ting,
We are left with a week before we fly off to Arizona!
So here’s a checklist that should be done by now( just feel like doing this for fun)
- Plane tickets ready (printed)
- VISA approved.
- Travel Insurance
- List of Equipments and materials to bring
- Change currency to US Dollars. And keep Sing dollars in wallet just in case
- Project work/materials completed.
- Pack your suitcase! Bring your toiletries!
- Pack your cameras and battery charged!
- Submit your LOA form. (some might have classes on recess week)
- Finish up all your other assignments. (which I have plenty)
- Bring some sunscreen, sunglasses and hat.
I think there will be a list of more things to do or bring but I can’t think for now. So please, feel free to list more in the comments section! I can’t wait for this trip and I know you guys can’t too!
Here’s a link where you guys can check the weather over in Arizona.
Here is a video of our session we played last friday.
Look forward for the trip to Arizona!
Hello everybody and hello Prof,
here is my video.
As our project will be a performance based, we currently doing some good progress on the visuals and the sound. As mention by Ryan on the previous post about our project, we aim to create a collaboration with the students of ASU through performance art.
Firstly, coming up with visuals, we have taken videos of the Grand Canyon on the web for our samples, chop it up a bit, do some programming using Max Msp and here are the results.
Video 1: This is one of our initial idea of juxtaposing Housing Blocks with the Canyon. It looks really beautiful right!
Video 2: Over here, we put two layers of different videos of the Grand Canyon and blend it together. Those noise visible in the videos reminds you of sand doesn’t it!
Video 3: We explore playing with different pattern as well which can help to make the video more interesting and abstract.
Tentatively, on our final visual, we plan to take our own videos of the natural landscape of Arizona when we are there, then process it on site, which make the video more meaningful and purposeful.
Now, for the sound. We have recorded sound of sand through different method of producing sound, for example, kicking sand, pouring of sand and etc. We then put it in Ableton Live to process the sound and add effects to amplify it, adding texture and reverb to create a repetitive and dramatic to it.
Video 4: This is an example of what we have produce.
As you can see, our project is still in progress, and we have come up with things that we want to improve on.
1. The consistent of the sound. We need a primary background sound.
2. Exploration of more different effects on visuals.
3. Rehearsing together to fit the sound and visual more coherently.