So here it is, I’ve completed the construction of my helmet and I will titled this piece ‘The Head’. Actually I haven’t made up my mind yet.
As I get my material which is the helmet, i tried to get the shape together by trying out different combination. Taping it together by masking tape, I tried to get the shape to stay and it kinda work but this combination is not really covers the side of the head. As you can see below, this combination does not cover the side and it is redundant as it won’t allow full protection. So I explore more different shapes and decided to get one more helmet into the mix.
After getting one more helmet, I took the design of my first sketch actually. Visually it looks pleasing as well!
I also realise when I was wearing it, it has an echo as the helmet is shape as such. It adds another element to it i guess.
The helmet is joined by making a simple drill and tighten it by bolt and nut.
Finding the right place to join was quite a challenge as well cause I would need to find the right spot.
Here’s a look from the inside.
Will share with you readers especially su hui, with the documentation photograph next!