4. Other Art Assets
There were two sections in the Zine that needed decorative art work to fill the space in the spreads. Seeing as to how all the work that I created during this semester were being used as Featured material in this Zine, I decided to create a few more simple works to finish up the zine. The first of this design was for the spread introducing Generative Art.
Continue reading “Putting it Together (Part 5)”
3. Sound Scapes
For this section, I wanted to recreate another instance of my moire animation compositions. This was going to be based on the sound signatures that I created for Typographic Portrait. I followed a similar process to generate the various sound signatures.
Continue reading “Putting it Together (Part 4)”
2. Data Visualization
For this section, I wanted to create visualizations about something chaotic, presented in an orderly manner. I decided to use facts and data about wars to create this visualization. Firstly, it fit the theme of what I wanted to do, and secondly, the data was widely available.
Continue reading “Putting it Together (Part 3)”
Designing the cover was a slight challenge for me. I was adamant about creating one that was unique and representative of the zine. At this point, I still had not picked a name for the zine and decided it would be best to leave it to the end. After looking at all the proposed content for the zine, I decided that I wanted the cover to be generative pattern.
Continue reading “Putting it Together (Part 2)”
Now that I had my initial thoughts and ideas, I decided to commit them to paper and start planning out my entire Zine. The first thing that needed to be done was to firm up the contents of the Zine.
Continue reading “Putting it Together (Part 1)”
Upon reading the brief, my first instinct was to try and create a publication based on all the works I had done this semester. However, I ran into some problems with trying to go this direction. The biggest of these problems was reconciling all the different works. This was an issue as the two big assignments, Points of View and Typographic Portrait, were rather different in nature. One was introspective, while the other addressed an external issue. The way I complete both these briefs were also very different.
As such, I decided that I should pick only one of these assignments as a starting point and go on from there. I decided to work with my Point of View compositions. I was still fresh from having completed that assignment, and I also felt that it would be fun to explore and develop my skills with Generative Art.
Continue reading “Making a Zine”