Preparing for the final cut

Standard

Deciding what the is size of the strip that should be used. A longer that on that can show the length and probably the “story and flow”? or the thicker one that can show more content?

20150904_143153

brooding over which dimensions to choose

20150904_143415

A test that i did with brush pen to for me to decide what size to use

20150904_143702

If the longer strip is chosen, many of the lines would require collaging. Making the lines look like it is a complete line without a crack would be an interesting puzzle

20150904_144822

i tried combining  2 paintings into one. Creating invisible lines?!

After much deliberation, I have decided to use the thicker one as I wanted to show most of my content in one box. Many of my lines can be shown better with a bigger width as compared to the long version.

After deciding the final size, it is time for cutting! The precise measurements and cutting took way much longer than I expected. I did a round of measurements in school and continued the night back home.

20150906_001357

Rulers of multiple size and materials for that accurate measurement. So glad that i have the super long metal ruler.

The final window frames! with them collaged together, they work as a line too, don't they?

The final window frames! with them collaged together, they work as a line too, don’t they?

With this, time to start working on the final arrangement!