Although the way to get high is tough, the process is still enjoyable and we won’t be always falling, so don’t give up.
Game recording-> the one which I am quite familiar with and allows me to have great control over it -> able to do many things
Game recording + editing of Human Fall Flat
- Interesting game with the freedom to control actions
- Adorable character design and physics
We won’t be falling – Xueran Chen
- Aroused, like a movie score, which creates contrast with the style of the character
- The song name also create contrast with the name of the game (we won’t be falling VS. Human fall flat)
- BGM of my favourite actor’s show(Guardian, 2018) lol ❤
- Play the game & record it -> I completed all levels last year hence there was no need for me to explore it in the first place
- Choice of level
- Mountain -> relative easy and can convey the theme of falling as there are many climbings needed in this level
- Character design
- Default model -> the situation in the video can be applied to anyone
- The abstract pattern of my name on the back -> I am the one playing for now
- At first I recorded me playing several different levels, but in the end still decided to only focus on Mountains as it makes the video clearer in showing the theme
- Editing->take those representative clips, reorder them and use time-remapping to suit the music
- Linear narrative
- Start(falling)-> moving towards-> climbing & falling -> climbing -> falling -> finally succeed -> falling
- Generally low but accelerating intensity while climbing
- At first I used the full timing of the song, afterwards, I removed some repeated lyrics as I changed some of the clips from other levels.
- But still based on the song
- the audience can be anyone
- Cognitive interactivity -> let’s watch together
- Artist/Designer-centered Interactivity -> it was a recording of me playing the game
- Nominal Participation -> wish the audiences could feel relatable and reflect after watching the video
- If anyone is interested in the game maybe we can play the game together afterwards??
Thanks for reading!