Echoes of the City (The official)

Echoes of the City 

(The Official Theme)

Echoes of the city aims to explore our relationship with the city and brings viewers through diverse narratives such as the human condition, interactions with the built environment, and movements within the city.

The art works employ a variety of techniques ranging from digital animation, generative art, as well as interactive data-driven pieces that were developed using processing, the unity game-engine and TouchDesigner.

Oriental and Occidental Culture By melissa

The Chinese tale evolved into the modern era, where traditional culture meets modern influence, bringing a whole new form and structure to the contemporary artistic expression and aesthetics.

Echoes of the City is inspired by the rich Chinese culture and its many traditions and beliefs. Influenced by Chinese artistic creativity, illustrated motifs overlap and interact. Like clouds they are ever changing, coming together and moving apart, symbolizing nostalgia for the long lost culture. The blend of Oriental and Occidental culture merge as one, bringing a whole new abstract form into the modern context through the use of colours, balance and harmony. It is in between the mix of these cultural influences and extremes that the art work starts dialogue about origin, differences and diversity to be appreciated by viewers of various cultural heritages.

fullsizerender-9 img_5541

Featuring one of my classmates work where he draws people with their selected favourite object. I requested for a poster with hot bod. Thank you Toby!

screen-shot-2016-11-24-at-11-20-36-am

Marking the end of Pattern Art and Architecture, it was an interesting process overall. I was actually afraid when i heard that we need to play around with the after effect software as i was a complete noob in digital software. When i initially started, the process was slow, but after awhile of exploring, it was quite easy to catch up with the pace. This whole pattern class taught me something new which i never thought i will learn it. An exciting module which i will greatly miss after this semester ends. I was glad that the whole event went well and successful. Below is a video which i made to mark the end of pattern, art and architecture. Thank you Professor Ina