How does the Audience interact with the project?
- There are two parts to the project.
- First the audience will have to enter an interstice space where they will be greeted by a console.
- The console will play music and poetry that is designed to bring forth the participant’s suppressed thoughts.
- They will then be invited to type these thoughts into the console.
- Whatever they type will be then sent to the ‘Vault’ (which is another room)
- The vault contains all the words typed in the console by every participant
- The participant will be allowed to enter this room
- In the vault, they will be able to interact with the words.
- eg. They can pick up the controller and shoot down the words that they typed.
Anatomy of Project
- Participant types in Thoughts into a console
- Thoughts are typed into an online document
- Vault receives data from online document
- Projects online document
Is it for a single person or multiple people?
- Multiple people will be able to type in their thoughts and it will be stored in the vault
- Only one console will probably be made, so one participant types in his thoughts at a time
- Multiple people can go inside the room and see thoughts being projected
- But only one person will be able to use the controller to interact with the words at one point of time
What is the interaction/situation we are creating for the audience?
- Creating a safe space out of an interstice space for the Audience to type their thoughts
- Creating a cathartic space for the audience to interact with their thoughts
- Creating a chaotic space, to see what happens if the participants decides instead to interact with the words of others.
What is the intention of this interaction?
- To give participants catharsis from dark thoughts
- To see what happens ( the anarchy that happens when people interact with another’s words and when participants see this happening)
How does this interaction relate to the concept of interstice?
- The console will be in physical interstice locations.
- The project brings forward interstice thoughts.
Questions to ask
- What would we project the words on? Just a flat surface?
- How do you separate your project from just any other social media eg.twitter ???