I have modified the particle trails to be more reactive based on its speed. For example, particles that are moving slower will have a shorter trail; particles that are moving fast will have a longer trail.
Initial Appearance of the Sketch
The initial sequence of the sketch is modified, whereby particles will “explode” with some particles leaving outside the sketch window, and slowly transit to the various school of fishes. I aim to create a perception of chaos at the start, whereby it slowly transits to groups of fishes. The live demo will better illustrate my point.
I have included different variations of particle behaviours. The particles create their group, but there are also instances whereby the particle moves alone. Particles may also eventually leave their group to join another group or proceed as an individual particle.
- Particles now can leave outside the sketch window
- Particles have different generated behaviour based on the rules of the algorithm
- E.g. Speed, groups, separation, etc.
Introducing a “predator” to a school of single species to influence the shape dynamics.
- I tried to introduce a “predator” as suggested by Prof Dejan, but somehow my code always crashes whenever I introduce a new particle system with a distinct set of behaviours. I am assuming that the library of the code only allows one particle system, and I may have to find other alternatives to create the “predator”.
- Will be exploring on incorporating colours into the particles
- Add a background music
- Will explore 3D Geometrics for the particles (hopefully it doesn’t crash)