Week 6: Concept Development for Final project

After a few discusses, researches and developments, I focus my concept on dandelion and lycorisradaita. as I introduced lycorisradiata previously, so I m going to talk about dandelion. I  want to use dandelion, to create a piece of dress called ” life of dandelion”, I want to use light to represent the big chance. A dandelion flower head composed of numerous small florets (top). It will fly to many places, so to the certain extent, it is the form of a transformer. So translating the human emotions that are closely intertwined with on by nature. The most demanding stage in the process is the use of metal to express the concept of lightness. The outcome demonstrated an intimate understanding of fabric, beauty of nature. Moreover, this dress will contain few layers, the outer part will be black colour, to represent the bad environment conditions, then the outer part will be open, will show the totally different inner part. The inner part will show the good condition, so it has a beauty part.

inspiration idea of dandelion

sketches development 1:

design 1

design 2

design 3

design 4

design 5

sketches development 2:

development sketches 1

development sketches 2

development sketches 3

development sketches 4

after the discussion, I finalise the final idea: