Week 15: Final Project ( concept, picture and video)

Final Project:

as i choose the topic A-“Art Forms in Nature” Biomimicry:

Gather your inspiration from the many images of Ernst Haeckel and create a work of art to adorn the body. The geometrical shapes and natural forms seen in the illustrations of Ernst Haeckel have influenced artists, designers and architects to this day.

Concept:My main concept is focus on nature form of dandelion and lycorisradaita. I inspired by the nature flower, Lycorisradiata. It has very unique and elegant appearance.One of the special things about this flower is that the flower and the leaves will not show on the same time. Hence, there is a legend for Lycorisradiata. Another natural form is dandelion. I  want to use dandelion, to create a piece of dress called ” life of dandelion”, I want to use light to represent the big chance. A dandelion flower head composed of numerous small florets (top). It will fly to many places, so to the certain extent, it is the form of a transformer. So translating the human emotions that are closely intertwined with on by nature. The most demanding stage in the process is the use of metal to express the concept of lightness. The outcome demonstrated an intimate understanding of fabric, beauty of nature. Moreover, this dress will contain few layers, the outer part will be black colour, to represent the bad environment conditions, then the outer part will be open, will show the totally different inner part. The inner part will show the good condition, so it has a beauty part.

Picture:

Video: https://vimeo.com/214843900