FYP Idea

I’m hoping to do up a multimedia immersive environment installation and hopefully including some audio visuals as well, whereby it will be an experiment on abstraction, symmetry, movements and audio.

I’ll mostly be experimenting with abstract visual effects such as particles, fluids and fractals.

The medium/software that I’ve chosen would most probably be Houdini and I’m hoping to use TouchDesigner as well.

References:

Credits: Knewave LTD

An immersive 3D Holographic Projection as part of an opening sequence for a EDM night.

Credits: Refik Anado

An immersive environment project which is a research on audio/visual installations by using the state called immersion which is the state of consciousness where an immersant’s awareness of physical self is transformed by being surrounded in an engrossing environment; often artificial, creating a perception of presence in a non-physical world.

Credits: Robert Seidel 

An immersive experience, a sensuous dip into light, color, movement, sound and change.

Credits: Joanie Lemercier

Nimbes explores the ontology of observation and its relationship to cosmogony, notions of intelligence and individuality.

Credits: MatthiasM.de

Audio/Visual 

I’m hoping to look/experiment with something more “space” like and fantasy.

1 Comment

1. great examples!

CASE STUDIES
    You need to analyze these listed works in detail. This is web blog open to all- and you need to cite your resources..A bit on artists – as well as what is this work about. Research is important part as you will need to submit Report as well as defent at critique your stand on non narrative animation.Even though it is process and art driven – analyze reference works- you need to be able to draft why you  are selecting and reappropriating the works-  try to be more research supported. this would be easier to justify why and how different it is gong to be from what is alreday out there .
    OUTPUT
    The new media wall platform ( 15 m x 2m led wall) will be installed by early july.. I am calling it parametric sculpture after Refik Anadol San Francisco project..I ahte to call it LED 🙂 we will be testing things 🙂 It would be great if you would join to get familiar. Your art should adress at least in preliminary stage the diffrenece in working across platforms from LED screen to VR or planetraium . It is very easy to import film in TD and to generate effects. TD works well with planetarium, as well as with any other display.
    THEME
    Ideally you would also consider three themes- and we can select the strongest.  For example If space — can we link it to science so it is not only fantasy. It needs to be SPECIFIC not general…what from space- you need to resercah is there any theory ( String Theory Chaos theory Big Beng, is it Origin: http://www.aec.at/origin/about/    Is it Higs Boson Particle?
    If you go for fantasy you need to be more specific- as the fantasy is very broad idea….Science is fantastical as well.
    i will be meeting with bio-imaging faculty from new medical school at  NTU medical School on June 23rd Would you like to join  – maybe you can tie your project with interdisciplinary science themes?

Great Start!