Project EGO: Layout Development

Hello Errrabadi. It’s week 13!!

This post will feature a series of failed attempts, of wasted nights and aching neck. The very first concept I had in mind revolves around the use of geometric illustrations and bold colours against my design.

Turned out pretty bad because I found myself stuck in the developmentĀ of my panels. It kinda looked like this >

The colour scheme I had in mind was: Blue Yellow Red (Primary colours).

The second attempt I had was a Vintage/Retro Pinup themed (with surrealistic aspect). I wanted an illustrative style across all of my panels and because of that, it got really hard for me to source for suitable images that fits my theme. I spent hours searching for just the right image that compliments the style of my concept, but halfway through, I found myself losing the momentum. So I decided to put this on the KIV-list!

Monochromatic

Triadic

(…Still contemplating…)

These are my panels so far. As you can tell, I am not satisfied with what I have so far. Hence I went on to do more research and I came across a reallllyyy interesting idea but the execution was seemingly difficult. I shall document it down anyway. The theme for this fully revolves around the use of Pantone Strips to create elements.

Like so: (that’s a hamburger btw)

The colour schemes are analogous & monochromatic.

Since the Ego project focuses on colours, I thought this would be an interesting take. However, as I progressed on, the elements that are possible for creation appears to be really limited. For example, the Pantone strips are very geometric in shape. This means that the element that I want to re-create should be in angular shape as well otherwise the design wouldn’t quite compliment. As much as I adore this concept, I had to be aware of the existing limitations and the amount of time I have on hands. Furthermore, it feels like I have to restrict my creativity just to work this concept šŸ™ So this is a no go either.

With that in mind, I decided to restart my canvas and plan for a more feasible concept.

This leads me to my final set of designs! The Illustrative Photo-Collage.

 

Will talk more about it in my next post – The Final Outcome. Stay tuned!!!

Ciaossss