In our next Mnemosyne task, we were all paired up and my partner is Alina. We were told to make use of our mnemosyne bottles to create a new work with our partner, something that is WEARABLE. HAH, that one got us shook.
For our work, we decided to incorporate a few parts of our bottle design and take that into consideration when making a new work.
So we decided to create a ‘top’ incorporating the things we learnt before on planes such as twisted, bent and curved planes.
We chose to use 2 good scents:
- caramel scented (mine)
- argan-olive oil (Alina’s)
Our bad scent:
- the smell that lingers in a dentist clinic
The materials we used:
- white silk (for Dominant portion)
- olive green cloth (for SD portion)
- white cloth; extra
- thin bendable gold-coloured wire (for SO portion)
So we made a mock up of our top first by using art card.
Then we began with the real thing where Alina came up with the suggestion of gluing the white silk so as to make it wearable and not flimsy.
Soaking the white silk into the load of white glue.
We also needed a hanger to clip on our silk and let it dry according to the shape we needed for our top.
While waiting for the cloth to dry, we did wire structuring for our SO to connect the front to the back by the shoulder.
And so made 2 of those thick wires and we pasted them in such a way that we can make a bigger surface area to create the structuring of the SD part of our olive-green cloth, over the shoulder. (as seen below)
All of the above led to the final product:
I love the outcome, happy to say that it looks legit and wearable haha, considering the planes inside too to create it.